A collection of my posts about what to do, what to eat, where to go, and how to enjoy while traveling in China. This page also includes several articles about China that I enjoy reading.
This page updates continuously.
Hot-pot: A northern China’s traditional dish (to fence off the cold winter, with family and friends, of course), now also becoming popular in the south.
- Hot-pot basics: “Hot-potting” 101.
- Where to go: My must-hit hot pot restaurants in Beijing: Sichuan Style, Mongolian Style.
Places that I visit
- Walk along the Qianmen gateway.
- Visit the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube.
- Beihai Park: Lotus festival,
- Circular City (near Beihai Park)
- Ming Dynasty City Wall Relics Park
Things that I do
- Celebrate Chinese new year: Setting off fireworks on the new year eve; Going totally crackers (Erik Nillson).
- Buy official DVDs online or in store. But of course you need an all-region DVD player first.
- Country side of Jiu Jiang, Jiang Xi Province: Spring in China (A set of photos my friend Toshi took).